Opportunity to join industry leading plastics manufacturing company. Centro, Inc. is North America’s largest custom rotational molder serving premier Original Equipment Manufacturers from multiple locations throughout the United States. We are growing and promote from within.
Must be 18 years of age.
Centro offers a generous benefit package-
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- AD&D, Disability, Critical illness and Accident Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Paid Life Insurance
- Two weeks’ vacation after one year
- Forty hours of paid sick leave after one year
- 9 paid holidays
- 100 percent Educational Assistance Program
Come start your career path at Centro and join the Centro Team!
Hours are 11pm - 7am, Monday - Friday
Overtime as needed.
Starting rate of pay is $20.50
Serves as a member of a high performance manufacturing team, creating quality products to satisfy our customer’s needs. Performs pre-delivery inspections of product, operates a variety of handt ools and power equipment to finish product and to add accessory parts to product in accordance with customer specifications and Centro’s quality system standards. Packs or otherwise prepares product for shipment. Prepares and maintains work site, tools, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe operating condition. Responsible for security, care, and safety of assigned tools and equipment. May be assigned to work at various workstations to meet production schedules and customer needs.
Relevance and Importance of this Position at Centro, Inc.
The Pre-Delivery Inspector (PDI) is one of the most important positions in ensuring that only products that meet or exceed our customer’s needs, expectations, and requirements are sent. We will not meet our warranty returns PPM goals, and most importantly, we will not have customers that appreciate Centro unless they are satisfied with the quality of product they receive. The PDI reviews parts right after they are molded to make sure that there are no defects. They perform necessary trimming and assembly operations and then perform any final inspections and tests.They also ensure the part is packaged and labeled correctly. They are often the only and final person to inspect a part to make sure it is correct before our customer uses it. Another critical function is making sure that parts that have defects or are questionable in any way are properly identified and prevented from being used. We depend on the quality performance of the PDI in order to achieve our quality objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs the following tasks at various workstations to complete the manufacturing of rotomolded plastic products in accordance with customer and quality specifications and production pace required: organizes work site for optimum productivity and safety; performs variety of required operations on product using hand and power tools; completes any necessary addition of accessory parts to finish product; makes final inspection of product; packs or otherwise prepares product for shipment; assists other team members as necessary to achieve desired results and goals.
2. Enters data into Excel to track inspection criteria.
3. Completes all trimming, deburring, sanding, deflashing, accessory addition, and any other necessary tasks to complete product manufacturing and finishing operations in accordance with the Product Summary Report. Prepares product for shipment by selecting and using the following hand and power tools effectively and safely: band saw, drill, sander, router, clamps, propane torch, trimmer, knife, shrink wrapper, tape machines, ruler, press, cutter, calipers, pen and pencil, micrometer, measuring gauges, chop saw, deburring tool, and any other tools which may be introduced.
4. Understands and applies Centro quality policy and works towards the achievement of stretch goals and related quality objectives. Has knowledge of Quality Assurance System and Procedures, assuming responsibility for a variety of Quality System Procedure (QSP) sections as assigned. Practices “Quality First” in work performance.
5. Works safely at all times, complies with all safety rules and requirements, wears all necessary protective equipment, has knowledge of OSHA hazard communications, material safety datasheets (MSDS), lock-out procedures, blood borne pathogens, and fire and tornado safety procedures. Promotes a safe work environment by alerting leadership of any safety concerns. “Safety First” in work performance. Practices Centro’s safety values and performs daily hazard analysis.
6. Acquires knowledge of Centro’s products, manufacturing terms and processes, and primary customers.
7. Uses computer, reads, and initiates written documents: PSRs and Product Change Notices(PCNs) to ensure compliance with specifications.
8. Reports any product defect to Leader and Quality Leader for direction and correction. Marks defects on product, completes yellow hold tag, and affixes to defective product. Performs any necessary rework on defective product to meet quality requirements and specifications.
9. Keeps accurate production records and ensures optimum communications and cooperation with team members.
10. Notifies Leader of any supply needs, accessory shortage, or malfunctioning tools or equipment.May perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment, and may assist in handling of materials as necessary.
11. Maintains clean, orderly work site, and maintains care of tools and equipment for enhanced safety, productivity, and organizational profitability.
12. Practices continuous improvement in job performance through cross-training, continuous education for skills enhancement, and offering ideas to improve personal productivity and organizational profitability.
13. Performs other related job duties as assigned by management, which may include assisting in training new Associates, assisting in cleaning of plant premises and recycling efforts, and operating fork lift (if certified).
A pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to employment.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check out the other areas of our website and the below video to learn more about Centro!