Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Location: North Liberty, IA
Responsible for management of all Centro Accounts Receivable functions. Responsible for analyzing customer payments, reconciling short pays, debit memos, etc. Works with Centro’s Order Fulfillment and Quality Departments to find the root cause of short pays. Responsible for all past due collections for Centro’s customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration with Accounting emphasis, at least two years of business accounting experience is preferred. Accounting experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in basic accounting principles and techniques, data bases and word processing applications required. Experience with Excel, ERP and Microsoft Office highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, read, and write sufficiently for effective interpersonal and electronic communications to perform essential job functions. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, use hands and fingers on a computer keyboard, walk, climb stairs, and to function normally within an office environment.
- Must be able to receive, understand and apply detailed information and instructions and to apply logic, math, and accounting concepts to work assignments.
- Must be able to effectively use all common office equipment, including but not limited to, telephone, fax, voice mail, e-mail, copier, calculator, and computer with related software.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable: Applies customer’s payments, credit memos, discounts, and balances in receivables. Confirms any price reductions taken by customer and contacts appropriate Business Unit Leadership for approval and processing. Contacts customers concerning past due invoices and any non-supported deductions with a goal of (30) days or less for outstanding balances due. Offers support to Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) group and Administrative Assistants.
- Monthly Reporting: Creates monthly over (60) Days Past Due report that ties to the Accounts Receivable Aging. Creates a month and year-to-date Accounts Receivable Sales by customer report. John Deere and Caterpillar short payment/overpayment spreadsheet sent to Sales Leader one week after month end.
- Assists in other cross-training functions for absence coverage.
- Displays professionalism, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic. Helps to maintain and enhance a positive corporate image and high business ethics when interfacing with Associates, customers, vendors, and visitors.
- Continues accounting education by attending seminars, on-the-job cross training, courses and conferences, and business magazines and journals.
- Assists with other related accounting tasks as requested.
Please check out other areas of our website to learn more about Centro!