I. Job Summary
Provides leadership and support to manufacturing teams within the business unit. Supports team goals and action plans established by the business unit leadership team. Ensures consistent, high quality and timely production, which meets customer requirements and exceeds customer expectations. Trains, mentors, and coaches team members to perform their job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Confirms that all Centro and OSHA safety requirements are practiced, and that the Centro Quality System is implemented in all manufacturing processes. Maintains a high level of accurate communications among team members and with all other Associates who participate in the manufacturing process.
II. Relevance and Importance of this Position at Centro
The Business Process Support (BPS) is a significant position in our organization. The BPS has responsibility for multiple work centers and leads the operation. The BPS is responsible for making sure all established processes are followed in keeping the product flowing. They directly affect our quality objectives through providing leadership and assuring established processes are followed.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Promotes and practices Centro's Safety System that prevents and eliminates workplace injuries and illnesses.
2. Initiates Incident Reports, arranges and authorizes transport to health care provider, and assures emergency procedures are followed.
3. Assures proper implementation of process changes.
4. Assigns finishing and inspection responsibilities to manufacturing Associates.
5. Assures production In-Process and Final inspections are conducted according to specified P.S.R. and assures specified processes and work instructions are followed by all manufacturing Associates.
6. Assures production preventive maintenance procedures are followed by manufacturing and maintenance Associates.
7. Dispositions nonconforming or questionable product in accordance with Non-conforming Product Review and Disposition Centro manufactured Product.
8. Assures Mold Condition Reports are completed as the molds are taken off the storage.
9. Assures accuracy of Daily Production, Finished Recap and CNC reports by 8am daily.
10. Facilitates effective shift hand-off meetings daily.
11. Controls inventory of production tools, equipment, and consumables.
12. Notifies BPL, BPO and BPP of team member training needs.
13. Arranges coverage for vacation and unscheduled absence.
14. Keeps BPL, BPO and BPP informed of team member grievances as they arise.
15. Assures Associate Handbook rules and guidelines are properly enforced.
16. Completes lateness and absence forms in a timely fashion.
17. Performs responsibilities in accordance with those defined in Centro's Quality System.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. The ability and desire to learn and apply new knowledge and skills required. Technical or manufacturing certification or Associate degree preferred. Basic math skills required.
2. Two years of manufacturing experience preferred. A thorough knowledge of Centro's manufacturing operations, tools and techniques, Quality System and ISO 9001 requirements is required.
3. Excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills are required.
4. Ability to use and operate all tools and equipment used in Centro's manufacturing processes, including rotational molding machines, calculator, common hand tools, power drill and router, band saw, forklift truck, and common office equipment, including Centro's computer system and applicable software for production, planning and communications, copier, telephone and voice mail, fax and email.
5. A commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, safety, continuous improvement, team development, workplace cleanliness, positive attitude, high productivity and enhanced profitability is required.
6. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
7. Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work in an efficient and effective manner.
8. Ability and desire to identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
9. A motor vehicle driver's license and Centro forklift certification preferred. Welding/cutting torch preferred.
10. Ability to develop and build teams by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
11. This position has required competencies that must be achieved to become and remain qualified. These competencies and associated training are detailed in Centro's Quality System.
V. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write sufficiently for effective interpersonal communications required to accomplish essential job functions. Must be able to receive, comprehend and apply detailed information, judge depth accurately, distinguish color and variances visually and read measurements. Must be able to walk, stand for long periods and have hand, arm and body dexterity sufficient to reach, bend, stoop, manipulate, grasp, feel and periodically lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds.
VI. Work Environment and Schedule
Work is performed primarily in a manufacturing environment, with temperatures ranging from 55-100 degrees F. Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, with some potential for occasional variances depending on departmental workload. The work schedule for this position matches the business unit shift guidelines. Periodic travel to all Centro facilities, customers, vendor sites, and conferences including overnight stays, may be required. Will commit sufficient time to accomplish all job responsibilities in a timely manner.
Check out the other areas of our website and the below video to learn more about Centro and the exciting things that are happening with our business.