Mold Shop Technician - 3rd Shift
Location: North Liberty, IA
A common saying that dates back to the early days of Centro's business is that "The quality of our parts can be no better than the quality of the molds that produced them." This saying is as true today as it was 50 years ago. The quality of the molds is very often a direct reflection of how well they have been cared for and maintained. A hallmark of Centro has always been to separate ourselves from our competitors by investing in a comprehensive mold shop and specialized associates dedicated to the care and maintenance of our customer's molds. The quality work performed by Centro's Mold Shop Technician is vitally important in our ability to achieve the stretch goals in our strategic plan and our quality objectives. Without quality molds we cannot produce quality products and satisfy our customers.
- Maintains all in-house molds in production ready condition.
- Schedules mold repairs accordingly to avoid downtime and still produce quality.
- Works closely with Engineering Department on new molds, revisions, and/or changes to existing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be proficient in MIG and TIG welding techniques. Additional training and certification in
industrial technology and welding strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to apply detailed, quality craftsmanship relating to mold maintenance and
- Must have the ability to operate and get certified to drive a forklift.
- Must be able to use and operate safely the following equipment, tools, and instruments: welder, torches, hoists, multiple hand tools, power saws, grinders, drills and routers, gauges and measuring devices, and all required safety PPE.
A pre-employment drug screen and physical are required.
Centro is an equal opportunity employer.
Check out the other areas of our website and the video below to learn more!