Information Systems Technician
Location: North Liberty, IA
The IS Technician provides technical support to the operation and maintenance of corporate data processing systems and functions. One of the important responsibilities is assisting Associates in the operation of the Data Processing (DP) systems and their components to fully realize available technology. Must be able to provide excellent internal customer service in determining actual concerns and problems and then applying technical expertise to analyze and apply solutions. Also assists other IS Associates in repairing, maintaining and enhancing hardware and software applications so that the DP systems and its components are secure and reliable in performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, installs, repairs and supports company data processing applications, equipment and software.
- Performs any necessary repairs on data processing hardware and reconfigures software as necessary.
- Provides excellent internal customer service by responding in an expedient manner to determine IS related concerns and/or issues, analyzing problems and using judgment in applying solutions.
- Manages LAN resources, creates DP System data backup, and provides for tape rotation and storage.
- Teaches and assists other Associates in the use of data processing equipment and software so that available technology is used effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An Associate’s degree in computer science is required. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or a directly related computer curriculum is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of computer related employment experience is required. Experience with business and manufacturing environments and computer applications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with LAN and PC based client server systems, Relational Databases, and Microsoft Office strongly preferred. Ability and desire to continue learning new hardware and software applications desired.
- Must have good organizational skills and detail oriented computer diagnostic, repair, and operational skills. Must be able to use basic hand tools, including screwdriver, pliers, wrench and wire stripper.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision is required.
A pre-employment physical exam and drug screen is required.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.