Stores Leader (S&R Leader)
Location: Claremont, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Promotes and practices Centro’s Safety System that prevents and eliminates workplace injuries
2. Authorizes and assures proper implementation of process changes to stores, labeling, packaging
processes, and manpower needs.
3. Ensures inventory accuracy by developing and improving inventory processes.
4. Communicates stock outs to purchasing to allow proactive resolution to potential machine down
5. Investigates stock outs and significant production disruptions to determine root cause.
6. Conducts weekly inventories of cardboard and pallets.
7. Dispositions nonconforming or questionable product in accordance with Quality System
8. Participates in formal corrective and preventive action processes in accordance with OSP-M-03.
9. Performs responsibilities in accordance with those defined in Centro's Quality System.
10. Leads weekly Stores team meetings.
11. Recruits, selects, and trains team members on necessary competencies in accordance with QSP
12. Conducts semi-annual performance review and planning sessions with each Associate that
reports directly to the Stores Leader, following the established Centro process.
13. Assures Associate Handbook rules and guidelines are properly enforced.
14. Continuously monitors inventory accuracy through cycle counting.
15. Identifies, investigates, and implements variances from cycle count and determines root cause of
IV. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Previous inventory experience preferred.
2. An understanding of inventory management and process.
3. Computer skills and/or aptitude to learn.
4. Willingness to further one’s education and knowledge of Centro’s operation.
5. Willingness to accept and embrace change in order to improve efficiencies.
6. Must be able to read, write, and speak English, hear, and see sufficiently for effective
interpersonal communications and to perform essential job functions.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relations, listening skills,
organizational abilities, and project management coordination and completion skills are
8. Ability to work within and foster a team environment and relate well with internal customers is
9. Knowledge of Centro’s product, customers, and manufacturing and finishing operations highly
10. Must be able to analyze facts, evaluate unique situations, and exercise discretion to determine
the most appropriate action plan and/or work sequence or method to perform job tasks
11. A commitment to safety, quality, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, teamwork
cooperation, workstation cleanliness, high productivity, and consistently good punctual
attendance is required.
12. Must achieve the competencies defined in Centro’s Quality System in order to become, and
continue to be qualified for this position.
V. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. Work Environment and Schedule
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, with some periodic exposure to a
manufacturing environment with temperatures ranging from 55-100 degrees F. Workdays are
Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend work required. Hours are normally 7:00 AM to
4:00 PM, with occasional (2) hour variances, depending on workload and other conditions. Will
commit sufficient time to accomplish all job responsibilities in a timely manner.
Check out the other areas of our website and the below video to learn more about Centro and the exciting things that are happening with our business.