Assume leadership of and responsibility for the design, development, procurement, installation, support, and maintenance of enterprise computer systems and communications network. Serve as liaison between business and information systems (IS) team with responsibility for using technology to enable the businesses to meet strategic objectives. Ensure that the IS team provides excellent customer service to all associates within the enterprise. Provides continuing training and operational support to all system users. Serves as Leader of IS team of Associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Understands strategic objectives of the business and implements technology solutions that provide value and help enable Centro to meet these objectives. Communicates effectively to all levels of the business including senior leadership, the IS team, and associates outside of the IS function. Designs, develops and maintains an effective information and communication system that assures customer communication interface, Electronic Data Interface (EDI), and ISO 9002 requirements.
2. Designs, develops, and maintains a cost effective and comprehensive enterprise information and communication system that continuously meets or exceeds the business needs of all internal customers including Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Finance, and HR. This may include justifying periodic system upgrades and writing or modifying software programs.
3. Designs, develops, and maintains security for enterprise information system. Responsible for assuring the system has a nightly back up for all workdays and this is stored off-site.
4. Designs, develops, and maintains a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan for Centro’s information system in the event of fire, tornado, flood, or a similar type disaster that would destroy the current system.
5. Responsible for a Centro Help Desk that provides excellent customer service and assures system users have all necessary access and support they need to operate within the system.
6. Manages the Information Systems budget. Provides well thought out strategic recommendations as to prioritization of the Centro IS spend. Authorizes necessary business expenses in accordance with company guidelines. Manages IS vendors effectively by clearly communicating expectations and holding vendors accountable to performing to those expectations Negotiates for maximum value at reasonable price and terms.
7. Provides leadership to Centro’s Information System associates. Responsible for recruiting, training, and retaining a talented IS team. Leads well organized team meetings and ensures project plans to drive the team to achieve goals on time and within budget.
8. Provides for resource materials and training to all system users.
9. Pursues continuing education, personal development, and continuous improvement, with specific goals.
10. Responsible for 5S implementation in all Information Systems areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management of information systems, and/or a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible information systems duties and experience. A Master’s degree in IS or MBA is desirable.
2. A minimum of (5) years of direct experience in computer systems design, development, integration and operation is required. Extensive knowledge on LAN and PC based client server systems and networks, including appropriate hardware and software applications, are required. Experience in and familiarity with business environment and manufacturing orientated computer application preferred.
3. Ability to lead and manage the corporate IS function, utilizing a logical yet creative approach. Experience leading direct reports is desirable.
4. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills for team environment enhancement are required. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to leadership is required.
5. Familiarity and management proficiency with SQL or similar database architecture, content management software (CMS), ERP software, Microsoft Exchange, client-server models, including Microsoft Server environments, Virtualization, Citrix, and VOIP telephone systems.
6. Must be able to use all computer equipment and other office equipment effectively.
7. Commitment to quality, continuous improvement, customer service, teamwork and safety required.
8. This position has required competencies that must be achieved to become and remain qualified. The competencies are detailed in Centro’s Quality System.