EPA/CARB Compliant Fuel Tanks (RotoLoPerm®)
Centro leads the industry in the development of innovative process solutions and cost effective material selections for rotational molding.
As a recent example, Centro invented RotoLoPerm®,
a patent pending product to address recent environmental regulations.
Centro’s innovation was recognized when the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certified RotoLoPerm® for use in fuel tanks to meet regulations for reduced evaporative emissions.
- RotoLoPerm® is a proprietary, patent-pending solution (material and process) developed by Centro specifically for fuel tanks to comply with the regulatory fuel permeation requirements.
- RotoLoPerm® is a multi-layer solution that combines the reliability and performance of cross-linked polyethylene with a barrier layer for control of hydrocarbon (VOC) emission.
- RotoLoPerm® performed exceptionally well under the stringent permeation testing using CE10 fuel. The measured permeation rate of RotoLoPerm® was significantly lower than the EPA’s allowable limit of 2.5g/m²/day when tested at 40° C.
RotoLoPerm® is fully CARB and EPA approved for immediate use with no additional testing!
- CARB and EPA certified material for use in fuel tanks to meet evaporative emission requirements.
- Utilizes the long & proven history of cross-linked polyethylene.
- Outstanding low-temperature impact strength!
- Excellent UV and abrasion resistance.
- Utilizes the design flexibility of rotational molding.
- Existing tooling can be utilized with minor adjustments.
- Cost effective!